


R
2/25/15 (email)
mom you're so funny!
mom you're so funny!
Ya actually my companion is going to San Antonio and so are the other two elders in my district. Oh where to start, probably with companion aye? Well his name is Elder J... and he is from South Africa.
I actually had a hard time getting along with him at first but were starting to get used to each other. The teachers here are awesome! They are so full of Christ's love and light and you can really feel it just by looking at them. I think its so cool that I have this opportunity to just focus on becoming more like the Savior and then helping others come unto Him.
I'm really trying to develop a deeper love for the Savior and try to understand truly what He did for me. Basketball is my main thing during gym time and sometimes when we get a good group together we have a pretty good game. Sometimes though all I have to do is pump fake and I score. sometimes I run, they have a circle lap thing upstairs that you can run on. The food is heavy and they are trying to help us all gain some weight.
Something cool that happened: so I was struggling with adjusting to the new way of life here at the MTC and I was called to district leader so I was feeling inadequate and it was hard because me and my companion struggle working together ... but I joined the choir and the piece we sang the other day was Jesus once of humble birth. That's one of my favorite hymns! it was an incredible experience. The instructor always shares some thoughts about Christ during practice and I realized why I was here.
Music is so powerful! I had a picture pop into my head the other day of all the missionaries in the world marching down the street with smiles and we were all trying to help and uplift the people around us.
That's why I am here. so I guess all in all I've grown a lot this week and Heavenly Father is aware of what I need and how He can help me grow.
love you all
Something cool that happened: so I was struggling with adjusting to the new way of life here at the MTC and I was called to district leader so I was feeling inadequate and it was hard because me and my companion struggle working together ... but I joined the choir and the piece we sang the other day was Jesus once of humble birth. That's one of my favorite hymns! it was an incredible experience. The instructor always shares some thoughts about Christ during practice and I realized why I was here.
Music is so powerful! I had a picture pop into my head the other day of all the missionaries in the world marching down the street with smiles and we were all trying to help and uplift the people around us.
That's why I am here. so I guess all in all I've grown a lot this week and Heavenly Father is aware of what I need and how He can help me grow.
love you all
Love, Elder Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment