Monday, March 9, 2015

I'm in San Antonio alright ... 3/9/15

 Ya I'm in San Antonio all right. This place is awesome but It is one dirty place. Lots of sin and dirtiness. Satan has a hold on this place pretty tightly. Satan has also done a great job of confusing the people here with all the different churches. The LDS church just seems like another one. Hes a sneaky guy! But we have tons of people to teach. The hard part is getting them to stay active. Yesterday we went to church and it was so different. There were like 100 people in sacrament and they are so far behind. 7 people in elders quorum. It was just so different then what i was expecting and what i was used to.

 The style of life here is also sooo different. No one is in a hurry at all. It is the slowest place i have ever been. It actually rains here all the time. We got one sunny day but the rest has been rain. The rain here is super nice though. Its warm and the streets get flooded so its entertaining. They have a huge canal system to help with the flooding and the rain. 

My companion is elder A. He loooooves to talk so i listen. Hes a great guy, he wants to serve and I do too so we work well together. Hes from Blackfoot, Idaho. I live with one other companionship and they are funny guys, lots of laughs. I'm serving on the east side of San Antonio in the 1st ward. There are like 5 church buildings here with a population of 1 mil so lots of work to be done. The bishop hasn't been letting us come to ward council or plc meetings but elder A said when I came it was way different. They were friendlier and more welcoming apparently AND they actually signed up to feed us dinner. So hes thinking we will be able to turn things around. I think so too.

 I'm starting to see why Heavenly Father needed me here. I play soccer, everyone here plays soccer so I can relate. I have been through experiences that have helped me understand and use the atonement and that's what people need. We actually have a couple families we're teaching that have younger kids and I love children. It hurts to see parents not accept the gospel and then help their kids with it. Lots of lessons though and I'm starting to get to know these people. We teach a guy named Gary who has a 40 pound cat that's pretty cute. Its hard to get people to church I'm learning. Its also hard to help people see that only living this gospel will bring true happiness. Goes back to the satan thing. 

Anyways, good to hear that you are all doing well, love you lots!

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment