Hi family and friends. Its nice to talk with you again. Another week has come and gone and it was a longer one. The weeks and days are starting to blur together so that's fun. Feeling super lazy today so this email might be lacking in content.
We had stake conference this weekend which was cool. We went to the adult Saturday session and the power and goodness of the saints here in San Antonio is powerful. I thought that this is probably a little bit of what apostles talk about when they go to Africa and meet with the saints there. Just good people who want to do whats right. I don't know if they focused on the same things in Washington but the Brethren told them to talk about ward council. Some awesome talks by bishops were given and then the stake president chastised them for not doing a better job at sharing the gospel. It was a good loving way to do it though. It was enjoyable and I am glad I had the opportunity to go.
Then Sunday was actual stake conference and they didn't announce the time at church the previous week so there was hardly anyone there and they missed out. But it was a crazy lightning and thunder storm and rain storm so it was ok I guess. The lightning and thunder storms are super cool. You don't have to wait at all for the next flash or boom. It is constant. If there isn't one for more than 10 seconds its surprising. But its weird because we will have a crazy storm but then like 3 hours later the sun will come out and dry everything up and everything will be back to normal. Its fun though to see rivers form in the streets and lakes form and such. That happened quite a bit this past week.
No biking this week which was fine. The other elders in our apartment decided to bike when it was pouring rain and got drenched to the bone so we decided against that. We also had a zone meeting planned for last Wednesday but our Zone leaders apartment got bed bugs so they moved it to Friday. Bed bugs are pretty popular I hear and hopefully I won't have to deal with that.
It is so nice when people feed us dinner. We have missionary food every lunch and sometimes dinner but when people sign up it is mana from heaven. I sure do appreciate the people that decide to feed us.
We had a lesson the past week with a Less Active/Part Member family and I was worried about it so I prepared some scriptures I wanted to use and what I wanted to say and such. This lesson was the best lesson I had ever done or taught. And it was all because I was worried about it and I prepared. I could feel what the Holy Ghost was saying through me was helping her see the importance of the gospel and coming unto Christ. If we truly want to help others we really have to put in the effort to do so. Heavenly Father can't use dull tools. It was a good lesson to learn this week. Using the scriptures while teaching is so key and helping others see the importance of them and helping them feel the spirit is so rewarding, just a lot of work.I am beginning to see how much effort I can personally put into this and I pray that by the end of this I will be putting in 100% effort. Because that is where happiness is found, trying your hardest. We all have such an incredible potential for good and I am starting to see it. Heavenly Father really does love us and though it may not feel like it at times, He is there urging you and supporting you on your journey. Its true, its all true! By reading the Book of Mormon we can know it for ourselves.
Just do whats right and everything will be just fine. There is a conference talk in the recent general conference I think by Clayton but he talks about our greatest decision everyday is whether we will believe and move towards the light or not believe and remain lonely and afraid. Choose to believe! If you don't know what to believe start with Mosiah 4:9-10. Just believe! And if you believe and want to have faith experiment upon the word! See for yourself how wonderful it is. It will not come all at once. Nothing of value or worth ever does. It will take time. So be patient and trust in God. The picture is a picture of me in front of a church who knows exactly what God is. God is good! Turn to Him and live! The gospel is so rooted in my soul and the fruit is joy. Being happy is much funner than being miserable. Ye are free to choose liberty and ETERNAL life through the great mediator of all men or captivity and death according to the power of the devil. Just choose eternal life. You won't regret it!
We even have a Prophet on the earth today that helps us towards that eternal goal so listen to him and follow his counsel. For it is the Lord's counsel and would the Lord tell you to go and jump off a cliff? No, he would never lead us to harm. The prophet and the Lord love us so listen and obey.
Hopefully you enjoyed my weekly rant. Do whats right and enjoy the reward!
Love you all!
Elder Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment