Hi friends and family! I made an effort to write in my journal everyday this week so I would remember what happened throughout the week and it would be more informative to what I actually did. But guess who forgot to bring my journal to the library? Yours truly. So you get whatever comes out of my brain.
Monday- P-day was fun, we actually switched it up a little and went to the church and played risk instead. I don't normally get into board games that much but I got a little competitive when we played this time and when I get competitive I am going to win. So I won. It was fun, I have good elders for apartment mates. Then we tried to go and preach the gospel to people for the remainder of the day and it went fine from what I remember.
Tuesday- On Tuesday we had exchanges so for the day I got to go to a Spanish area. It was fun. It was nice to not have to talk at all and be oblivious to everything for a while. The elder I went on exchanges with is Elder W who has been out a while. We went a visited a guy who lost his legs to diabetes and only speaks Spanish. He was a nice, friendly guy and we ended up reading the Book of Mormon with him in Spanish. It was neat because even though I had no idea what they were saying I was still able to feel the spirit. The church is true everywhere. We then went and stopped by some people and tried to have a few more lessons. Then at about 7ish we had a lesson with a lady who is ready for baptism but doesn't know it. We taught her and it was a great lesson. We were able to help her understand some things she was confused about without knowing she was confused. She has been handing out Book of Mormons to he family because she loves it and sees the difference it makes in her life. Then after the exchange we went and got sonic milkshakes. Good day.
Wednesday- We had a pleasant surprise. We got a call saying come to the mission office and get your new car! So we swapped out of Toyota Carolla for a new 2015 Carolla. Its a nice car and drives smoothly. Then we headed off to our district meeting. It is always good to learn more about being a better missionary. After our meeting we went to Panda Express and had some yummy food. We then went out and started to proselyte. Not a lot of people wanted to lend an ear this day but it was a good day regardless. We then had our ward coordination with our ward mission leader. Bro. Weger is a great guy and he came up with a plan to get less actives re-activated. The ward has 600 people on the roster but only 120 come consistently. So we are going to try and figure out what drove these people away and how we can help them come back. And also who has moved and who exists. It was some direction that we needed.
Thursday- In the morning we went with a member to help him with his home teaching. He does a lot for us so we said of course. It was also good to go by and visit people that we did not know were apart of the ward or people that we had a hard time meeting with. It was an inspired visit for sure for the 2 people we met with. One older lady needs help with her yard and the other needed a visit. Its easy to serve people temporally because its instantly gratifying. But when serving people spiritually it requires patience and effort because you cant see the fruits of your labor. It requires faith and consistency. It other words, its just harder. We then came back to the apartment and had weekly planning. Then we headed out for the day. We went and stopped by people and tried to set up appointments and then at about 6-ish we knocked. I enjoy knocking. You can get better at it every door and it gets me outside of my comfort zone. Lots of room for growth.
Friday- Our ward had the assignment to clean the temple on Friday and I wanted to go! So we were informed that one of the brothers in the ward was going and had two seats available. So we asked if we could tag along and he said yes. We went and cleaned the temple. It is a lovely temple. The celestial room is awesome! There is a stained glass piece of art on every wall and each one is the tree of life. They are gorgeous! Beautiful pieces of art. The rest of the temple is gorgeous as well but that was my favorite part. The also have stained glass in the baptismal font room and the front doors are stained glass AND parts of the higher up places are stained glass. Lots and lots of stained glass. It was fun to clean and be in the temple. We then went to eat at a chines bistro with the member and had some yummy sushi. After that we went back and hopped on the bikes. I love biking and doing missionary work. Much better than the car, but I probably won't agree with that once it becomes 1 billion degrees and humid. Every once in a while a couple dogs will chase us on our bikes and try to bite but they get confused as to where to bite and they don't. Its funny. We went and stopped by some less actives and former investigators and had some success.
Saturday- So actually we rode our bikes this day not Friday. In the morning we helped some older ladies in our ward load up 600 bricks and take them to their house. It was fun. Then we hopped on our bikes and took off for the day. We rode bikes till about 8 at night and it was a blast. It is fun to ride around San Antonio and talk to people on the way. Fun to see all the cool stuff there is to see while avoiding cars and dogs and people. We also taught lots of lessons this day. We are teaching a guy named Juan who has a lot of health problems. He takes so much patience to work with but he appreciates and needs the visits.
The weather lately has been soooo nice. Today is cloudy and windy but its a good change from the heat.
Sunday- Had church, went to PEC, had a potluck after church, ate some good food, appointments fell through, and tried to find more people to teach and contact. The fasting was wonderful and I enjoyed the testimonies given.
In conclusion, good week.
Love you all, thank you so much for all the love and support and wonderful letters. It really is a boost to my days.
I was reading the recent general conference talks and I really like Utchdorfs talk On Being Genuine from the priesthood session. Really all the talks from the recent conference are great, read them! And reading the Book of Mormon brings joy into life, I promise!
Have a wonderful week!
Elder Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment