Some cool stuff happened this week. At the beginning of the week I was having a harder time because I wasn't sure if what we were doing was making any difference in the lives of others so I said a prayer for the ability to see God leading us and to see His hand in the work. Heavenly Father answers prayers.
The other day Aaron (Monday) we were going to take Aaron with us to a lesson. So we were texting him and such trying to get it set up and it ended up being that he couldn't go. Well I was like I can just ask him how his Book of Mormon reading is going. He says its going well and that hes on 1st nephi 5. I thought oh cool he is almost to chapter 8 so I told him that chapter 8 is a good one. Then we go and meet with him on Wednesday and this is where it gets cool. So we sit down and he was excited about something but we weren't sure what and so he says I have something I wanted to tell you guys. At this point I am pretty sure an awesome spiritual experience story is coming so I am all ears! I don't feel like its appropriate to explain it so I wont but it has something to do with 1st Nephi chapter 8. And then he brings up that he was looking at paintings of this subject and he wished that someone could paint it according to his experience. Well what are the odds! The Lord's hand is truly in our lives even if we do not see it. I was prompted to ask him about his reading and certainly prompted to bring up Chapter 8. So when I get home I am going to paint this for him and give it to him as a super late baptism present. So that pretty much made my week. So it turns out the Lord does know what He is doing! Imagine that?
Cool seeing the Lord's hand in our lives story 2. So Elder A is really good at remembering addresses. So he punches in the name of a street because he cant remember exactly what house it is. So we go to that street walk down the street and look for the house we were looking for. We couldn't find it but as we were walking back to the car I had a subtle thought that we needed to do something else here. So we kept walking and out walks a sister from our ward. She is a sweet lady and asked us if we wanted to come inside. We would of probably said no but all of a sudden I needed to pee really, really bad so I just asked if I could use her restroom. We ended up listening to her husband Jerry who needed to talk. He loves the missionaries but hes an old catholic guy. Total old-timer who is a ww2 vet. He talked and we listened and then we left. Apparently Jerry needed a visit that day. Listening to people is such a simple way to serve and I am glad that the Lord loves me and all of His children enough to allow me to have these kind of experiences.
But about the title. All the religious Hispanics around here are so humble, gentle and incredibly spiritual. Every time they talk about gospel related material I am just in awe. They are powerful because they are humble. So impressive!
We taught a few restoration lessons this week and hopefully people will read and pray. Its un-worldly that a book can bring so much peace and joy. This work is definitely hard and mentally challenging. Parts of you are exposed to yourself that you have to confront and it is hard. But as we have faith in Christ we can overcome and become strong. Its like a broken bone. Its broken but as we turn to a cast, Christ, then the bone can heal. As we turn to Christ our cracks will heal but be stronger than before. Having faith is hard but it is the anchor to our souls. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Every day I begin to see more and more that I am weak but God is not, and God is in me.
I love the hymn Master, the Tempest is Raging.
No comments:
Post a Comment