Monday, March 7, 2016

2-18-16 / ENRICH YOUR LIFE WITH ALPACAS!‏


DISCLAIMER: For some reason all the emails I wrote didn't send on Monday. So then I resent them all. It didn't work. So now I am sending them a third time. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET THIS EMAIL! Everything's fine, my email on my iPad is just being odd. 

If you feel like your life needs some enriching, may I recommend that
you fill your life with Alpacas?

First off, happy Valentine's Day! I hope your day was filled with
chocolate and love! And if not oh well, there is always next year. Or
today, everyday is a good day for chocolate and love. Not much
happened for me on Valentine's Day. We just celebrated with 6 hours of
church. Church was my Valentine. Heavy black heart

It was kind of an odd week. We didn't have tons of time to work in our
areas due to transfers and meetings. But it was a wonderful week
nevertheless. We went to a meeting on Thursday in SA. The meeting was
great but the three hours in the car and waking up at 4:30 was not. I
know I include this in just about every email but I love President
Slaughter. He was at the meeting and talked about faith. If we want to
move mountains and have great miracles in our lives all we need is
faith the size of a mustard seed. But the problem we have is the
inconsistency of our faith. If we are always exercising our faith that
might be the size of a mustard seed, it's consistent faith, it's great
faith, and then the Lord can work miracles. Consistent faith is great
faith. He knows the doctrine better than anyone I know. How do you
even find the time to know the doctrine so well with a job and family
and so many things that compete for time? It's impressive. We then
went to the temple to take pictures. It was nice to see the temple, it
had been a while. But we had our meeting then drove back to Austin and
did some planning of the weekly.

On Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Rallison. I went over to his
area and his area has a car. It was so nice being in a car for the
day. I didn't realize how spoiled I was in SA until I got on a bike.
Their area is doing so well. Elder Rallison is a smart worker and good
planner so I can see why. It was fun to learn from him. He is so
consecrated and a good example.

We went and visited our friend John this past week. He seemed like he
was doing alright. We stop by him every couple weeks and read a
chapter from the BoM with him and talk about it. I think we might bump
it up to weekly, because he is so friendly to us and always lets us
in. We read Mosiah 2. We had a good discussion about the importance of
keeping the commandments and our nothingness before God. He always
seems a little bit brighter after we visit with him. The BoM is a good
tool to invite the spirit.

On Friday I got to go to a cool meeting for the DL's at the Rutherford
chapel which is about 30 minutes away over in Austin. It was so good.
President Slaughter spoke the whole time and helped us catch the
vision of the mission so we can pass it down to the missionaries in
our district. It was kind of like being instructed by a general
authority. What a privilege it would be to be taught by the 12 and 70
personally. Can you imagine? I took away a lot of things I can do
better and things I can do to help my district. 2 of my old companions
were there too! Elder Rowland and Elder West were there and it was fun
to talk to them. Its always fun to remember the good ole times with
your old companions. Elder McKay was there too. We were in the same
apartment for 4 months and became good friends. It was a great
meeting. And what made it even better was that they bought us pizza
afterwards!

The weather this week will be way too hot for February. It's predicted
to be low 80's all week. Yikes.

We saw lots of small miracles this past week. Lots of times the spirit
would prompt us to do a small thing or direct us to a certain place
and it always ended up being productive. It's so cool to see that
happen. Every time it happens it always reminds me that God is aware
of all of us. He always leads us to someone who needs a visit or
listening ear. It's a cool thing.

We have a lesson set up with Jason and Pang on Wednesday. We invited
them to be baptized the last time we met and it kind of freaked them
out. Hopefully they will still be as gung ho about meeting as they
used to be. The McNeil family wants to be baptized though! The
daughters, Chelsea and Kaitlyn, have been going to mutual and coming
to church and the mom says they have never been happier. It's cool to
see them find happiness in the church and gospel. Megan, the mom,
hasn't stayed for three hours yet, but the daughters stay by
themselves for all of church. That's pretty impressive if I do say so
myself.

Nephi teaches us very well about the get hearing of Israel. He teaches
of the restoration of the gospel and how Israel will be gathered. In 2
Nephi 30:3 we learn that the gathering is to be done with a book, the
BoM. Those that believe the BoM and know it to be true will gather
Israel by sharing their beliefs and the BoM with others. Tentative
ring of Israel is to be done by us! Whenever we share the gospel or
the BoM with others, we are choosing to be a part of something much
bigger than just helping someone feel good inside. We are the ensign
to the nations and it is our job to invite. That's all we have to do,
invite! Pray for opportunities to invite and they will come, I
promise.

Have a great week! Love you all.

Sincerely,
Elder Christensen

Photo: At the temple on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment