Hello my lovelies! It has been another wonderful, hard, missionary week for me. No place I would rather be. A mission has really helped me be excited for the future. The reason I am so late in writing today is because, oh wait, I can't tell you yet. You will just have to wait and see! Monday - p-day, we played basketball and emailed. It was a good, relaxing day. We met with the Domino family again. We went over the gospel of Jesus Christ using 2 Nephi 31. That is a beautifully simple chapter that tells us His teachings. Nothing like the Book of Mormon. We then went and stopped by some people we wanted to visit but no luck. Tuesday - We had a zone conference. A zone conference is when a couple zones get together and have a meeting directed by the Assistants to the President and the Lead Sister Training leaders, and of course the mission President. Mission president gave us some good direction on how to improve our studies in the morning. Very helpful. But the main theme was baptism. In PMG it says we are supposed to find those that are prepared to receive our message, the message of the restoration. The only way to do that is to invite them to be baptized. That was my biggest take away, so I will be working on that. That went till about 4 and then we went out and proselyted. The only lesson we had Tuesday was with Glenda. I love visiting with them but it might be time to move on. Wednesday - I had exchanges on Wednesday and this time I went with Elder Cruz. Him and his companion are doing much better. We went and worked, stopped by a referral, a lady that ordered a bible, and read a chapter with her and she expressed to us that she wants to find the true church. Pretty cool! We introduced the BoM and then set up another appointment to come back. We then went and stopped by some people in hopes that we could meet with them. Dinner was at 5 with the good ol' Morins. They made us some yummy Mexican food which I have come to love. After that we went and had a lesson with some ladies in our ward. They lost her records and she wants to be baptized again so we are working with her. Should be incredibly easy. They live out in the country a little ways. They are awesome! Both 60+ and live in a nice RV on 15 aces of land. They take care of it themselves and its impressive. Every once in a while we go and help them with whatever it is they need. After that we went back by the Morins and picked up the leftovers. I must say I have been incredibly lucky to stay in an area for 7 months. I know the people in the ward and they know me, I am part of the family! Thursday - Weekly planning. I just realized you probably don't know what that is. It's just what it sounds like, we plan for the upcoming week! We plan lessons we want to teach, things we want to do to find new people, plan for baptisms, etc. After that we had our scripture study class. 2 successful ones in a row! Then we went and worked for an hour. Friday - I don't think much happened on Friday. We went by some referrals that we received and dropped off items. Invited them to church and learn more about what we teach. Some said they would like to come to church others said no thanks. Just one step in the right direction, one step closer to the gospel. I think we finished up all the referrals we had gotten which was an accomplishment. We then had dinner at the Brown home again. Nice people. Saturday - This day was supposed to be busy, but alas, 'twas not so. It was busy, but all of our appointments fell through. We figured there was some place else we needed to be. We went and stopped by a less active in the ward. They have serious health issues and have a hard time coming to church. They weren't up for meeting so we walked around their neighborhood a little bit. We ran into a couple people and had great conversations with them. One was a younger guy in his late 20's that had lots of questions. He didn't want to take the lessons but he seemed very interested. We will stop by later this week and see if we can teach him. We pretty much taught him the restoration, not in a formal setting though. Just standing. It was fun, I enjoy talking about the gospel. We then talked to an older black gentleman who liked us because we were "fellow Christians," we get that a lot. We then had Derek's baptismal interview, so he will be baptized this Saturday. He's so excited, he's been trying to get baptized for the past 3 years but has ran into roadblocks. He came to church on Sunday and we had recently taught him about tithing. We were standing by the door and he comes up and says I made 20 dollars but I only have the 20 dollar bill but who do I give it to when I have it? For an 11 year kid he is very ready and very excited. The gospel makes life so good. Sunday - We had breakfast over at Bro. Forrest's house, our ward mission leader. He's a funny guy. We teach the gospel doctrine class so we then went home and got our lesson ready. Went to church, I love church. I didn't go last Sunday and it felt so empty. Life without religion is an empty life indeed. It's a good reminder that everything is just fine. We met with the Lomas family. Jessica is still very excited for baptism and it's going to be very soon! Excited for that. Now, for the fun stuff. Today a lady in Mission Creek ward invited us and her wards missionaries to go to the zoo and other fun stuff. It was so fun. Her husband is a top layer for the military so she then took us to her home which is on base and took us to this funny names place. She told us all we needed was celery. So we went to the store, bought celery, cut it up, put it into plastic bags, and then walked over. We get in there and it's a big open courtyard with peacocks, turkeys, geese, and ducks all over. So we fed celery and carrots to the birds. So odd, but so funny. It was bizarre. All of the birds would eat it out of your hands and were not scared. She then got us some watermelon and sent us on our way. I will make sure to include pictures! All I have to say is the church is true, the gospel is real and very true, the atonement is real, and we are all children of a loving God. Life is good when you live the gospel! I love y'all, have a great week! Elder Christensen Do Good Stuff We went in this aviary place to feed some birds and the birds attacked us. They scraped my head!
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
The Color Code ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment