Hello again my friends and my family. This week was a swell week. Monday: soccer for p-day, fun! Then we went and played basketball. Me and elder west balled it up. I can't seem to beat him. He gets me in game 3 every time. One of these days I'll get him. We then had a lesson with the Domino family. They are all members except the husband and he is coming along quite nicely. They came to church yesterday! Tuesday: For whatever reason they decided to do transfer emails instead of transfer calls. So we got our transfer email on Tuesday. I will be staying in the first ward with elder west. Transfer 5! Almost half my mission will be here. Crazy! Wednesday: I think we had a thunder and lightning storm on Wednesday which was so random. It was fun though. We had an appointment with a lady in our ward but her power went out. She called us and said its raining too hard don't come over! But it wasn't raining where we live. She loves way out in the boonies and it seems to rain there then come our way. Our area is so much fun. We have the city part but then about 75% of the area is all country. It's fun. We went and visited another family in our ward to help them with their missionary work. We drove 50 minutes to get to their house and they are still in the ward boundaries. They drive 50 minutes every Sunday with 5 young girls. Talk about dedicated! Thursday: The mission had a lot of cars taken away lately so we were asked to go to transfer meeting to help transport people. It was nice, I always enjoy hearing our president give us wise words of counsel. So we helped some elders get to their apartment them we went out and worked for the day. We have a new elder in our apartment, elder Cruz. He's a nice guy, very social. He cooks us food which is always appreciated. We then took another elder back over to stone oak which is about 30 minutes away so he could get his new companion who came from Austin. Lots of driving that day! Friday: I cannot remember. Something happened, but what? I'm not sure... Saturday: Our teaching pool is running low again so we tried to find new people on Saturday for most of the day. We did have an appointment with Glenda though to break up the day. We then had dinner with the bishop and his family and they invited the Lomas family over for dinner as well. Super fun to have dinner with them. Always a good conversation and good food. We then went to the church to work more on transferring data from the paper area book to the iPad. Glenda isn't very interested in the gospel but she really enjoys having us come over. So we go over and share a message/lesson with her from time to time. It will take time but she might come around. We will see! Only God knows. We also started visiting with a sweet older less active lady. She's like a grandma! Now we have two. Sister Heckenlievely and Sister Sullivan. Fun, sweet ladies. I think it was Tuesday but we almost got eaten by a pack of dogs. We went to go knock on a ladies house and we almost step on her porch and all of a sudden we hear ferocious dogs start barking and running at us from the back yard at full speed. So scary. I tell elder west to start running but he's paralyzed with fear. I start running but they are way too fast so I just stop and wait for death. But thank heavens they are well trained and the lady just yells at them to stop so they do. She then yells at us to never come back. I really thought we might get bitten a few times. So that was exciting. We also saw some gorgeous sunsets these past few days. Always a bonus! I am continuing to enjoys the mission life. Studying the scriptures each morning is a wonderful blessing and is a huge boost and prepares me for the day. All the growing pains and heat and dogs are worth it! It was a good week. I enjoyed it lots. Lots of growth! Elder west is doing well. We continue to grow together each day. Jesus Christ lives and He is our Savior. It is the truth! I love you all! But so does God and because He loves you, you can trust Him. Do Good Stuff Elder Christensen
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
8/24/15 - Woof!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment